If you want to give a new identity to your blog, then you have to know how to add custom domain in Blogger. If you do not know how to make a free blog, then you must read this article.
You must be thinking that if we have created a blog for free, then what is the need of domain in it? So first you should know what is a domain name? Blogger, which is a product of Google, gives you the opportunity to create a free main blog.
This does not mean that you run your blog in it. A free blog comes with a sub-domain name.
Let me tell you what a sub domain is. When you buy a domain name, you can use it to create many more domains. If your main domain is your father, then all the sub-domains are his child.
As our domain is digichandanraj.com then its sub-domain will be something like this; digichandanraj.com, etc.
Benefits of using a domain name in blogger
There are many benefits of using a custom domain name in Blogger. If you want to know, blogger is giving us domain for free, then what is the need to add a domain? So let’s know about its benefits.
1. Professional Look: A sub-domain is very big, and others cannot even remember it quickly. So it will give you a professional look and others will also be able to remember it. You can also create your own professional email address, such as email@example.com
2. Alexa Ranking: If your domain is digichandanraj.blogspot.com and someone from India opens it then it will open in digichandanraj.blogspot.in. Similarly .blogspot.us in America and .blogspot.pk in Pakistan. There is a problem with this that you will not be able to increase the Alexa Rank of your blog quickly.
3. Search Ranking: If someone does some search in Google and the name of your blog comes in .blogspot.com, and then most people do not visit the same link. So due to this the ranking of your blog is also reduced from the search results.
4. Adsense Approval: It does not matter whether you have custom domain or your blog is in BlogSpot domain. You can get AdSense approval. Blogger is a product of Google, so there is no problem with it. But if you add a domain, it increases your chances of getting your account approved in AdSense.
How to add Custom Domain in Blogger?
It is very easy to add a custom domain name to Blogger. If you have a free blog and you want to add your domain name to it, then follow it.
For this you need to have a domain. If you do not know that how to buy domain name , then read this. I mostly buy my domains from Godaddy. So see how I add any domain I bought with blogger.
Part 1: Add Custom Domain
1) Open blogger.com in your computer’s browser and login with your Gmail account.
2) Here on the blog where you want to add your custom domain, go to Settings.
3) Here you have to go to the Publishing section and click on the Custom domain option.
4) Now you have to enter your purchased domain here. Your domain should be in the format of www.your-domain.com. After adding, click on the “Save” button.
5) Now you will get an error message, “We have not been able to verify your authority to this domain. On your domain registrar’s website, locate your Domain Name System (DNS) settings and enter the following two CNAMEs: (Name: www, Destination: ghs.google.com) and (Name: p347obi343af, Destination: gv-gijycixq3d4waw.dv.googlehosted .com). See https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/1233387 for detailed instructions.“. This means that the DNS (Domain Name System) of your domain was not set on blogger. Here you will get the records of 2 CNAMEs, which you have to add to your domain.
The complete process of setting up DNS is explained in the video above. If still you do not understand, then follow Part 2.
Part 2: Verify the DNS
Your work with Blogger is just over. Now you have to go to Godaddy and add CNAME.
1) Login to your account by going to Godaddy.com.
2) After login, click on your profile and select “My Products”.
3) In the next page, click on Manage All next to Domains.
4) Here you will get the list of your domain. You will get 3-dots next to the domain you want to add, select it and click DNS.
5) In the DNS Management page, you will see the link of ADD below, click on it.
6) Now you have to select CNAME in Type and add the CNAME given in Part 1. Similarly you have to add both CNAMEs.
Part 3: Enable Redirection
1) Now by coming back to blogger, save it.
2) You will see the option of Redirect domain below. enable it
You can see it by entering your domain address. It will open properly without www and without www. I could also tell you the manual process, but this is the easiest way to add a custom domain name to blogger. If you need any help or information related to this then you can ask me.
What did you learn today?
I hope that you must have liked my article on Blogger how to add custom domain in blogger. It has always been my endeavor to provide complete information to the readers about blogger me custom domain, so that they do not have to search any other sites or internet in the context of that article.
This will also save their time and they will also get all the information in one place. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then you can write low comments for this.
If you liked this post on the benefits of using Domain Name in Blogger or got to learn something, then please share this post on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites.